Monday, November 15, 2010

Following Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method


So, I have this two-part goal, and only one of those goals can be revealed at the moment. Although, since no one reads this blog, there is actually no one to withhold these tidbits from. Nevertheless, any time I speak about a major goal it seems to get futzed up, so by keeping it to myself, I feel it is most likely to happen. That said, my first goal is to get into the best shape of my life. This will help me to accomplish Goal No. 2, written in caps to denote its awesome importance.

Finally, I have bought something from celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson rather than skating by on her freebie workouts. Today I purchased her book, "30-Day Method," and put myself through the riggers of her challenging, first 10 days strength-training workout, plus 40 minutes of her cardio routine. All told, I worked out for about an hour and a half (plus about 20 minutes of Anderson's YouTube video exercises this morning).

The strength training was KILLER. Then again, I don't often test myself in that manner. I've been known to put in a 45 minute walk every now and again, but lately that's all I've been doing.

  Um, yep, that's the kind of body I'm sweating my ass off to have.

Anyway, the "Method" entails 30 days of working out for 45 minutes to an hour and a half. There are no rest days. It sounds (and as of now is) brutal, but this woman and her clients (Jennifer Aniston, Molly Sims, Gweneth Paltrow, Madonna, etc.) look amazing. They are muscular, yet lean, not bulky. Obviously this is ideal, and it's what I'm aiming for.

Although I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving, I plan to follow this regimen as closely as possible. Anderson gives a menu for weight loss, but as I only have five pounds or less to shed, I'll eat as per usual. Trey and I have followed the Primal Blueprint diet for more than a month and have noticeably slimmed without counting calories or working out excessively. I have a feeling the combo of eating Primal and working out like Tracy Anderson will give me serious results.

I'll post my results here after the first 10 days are up. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment