Sunday, November 21, 2010

Imitating Art and a Project 'How To'

 Image found online.

OMG! I found online a painting of the older version of my car -- same color with the black convertible top and all. I'm dying to have a painting of my car just like it. I guess I'd better get out the paint and brushes then, because at this point I don't have the funds to purchase original artwork.

Image found here.

And speaking of getting taking matters of home decor into my own hands, here's another art piece that I'd love to try to recreate. For the longest I've wanted to paint a room in my house either black or midnight navy. I think art like this would look amazing in a room like that.


Since I have home decor crafting on my mind, I thought I'd share another project I'd like to try my hand at. These pillows by Helkat Design look easy enough to reproduce. While I haven't tried yet, this is how I'd do it.

Materials
Raw canvas fabric
Fabric paint
Off white thread
Sewing machine
Crown, vine template
Scissors
Pillow form in desired size, shape

Directions
Wash the fabric first, then press it. Draw lightly with pencil onto the fabric. 
Printing and cutting out a template from online will help, or draw and cut out your own template for symmetry. Fill in lines with fabric paint. Sew fabric around pillow form. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment