Saturday, December 11, 2010

Plans to Move and Workout Results


A healthy breakfast or snack. Add plain yogurt, blueberries and/or banana.

"It's all happening," -- a line from one of my favorite movies, "Almost Famous." And it's true. It is all happening, and suddenly, I might add. The reality of moving to Austin is setting in and Trey and I are making preparations. This week we had a Realtor visit the house to measure and assess its market value. He has suggested that we put it up for sale in either January or February if we plan to move in May, which we do.

In about a week we should have a conclusion about our asking price and when we will put it on the market.  In the meantime, I'm further paring down my belongings to make the move easier. (I got rid of a busload of stuff a few months ago.) As someone who aspires to be a moderate minimalist, this is nothing but a good thing.

 Photo from Austin Monthly of Boudoir Queen's work.

Coincidentally, at work yesterday I happened upon a box full of free magazines -- Austin Monthly and Austin Home magazines. There were 10 in total. Trey and I have been poring over them, trying to get an inkling as to what our life might be like when we finally arrive. It's making us tres excited. Obviously we know what a cool city Austin is and that there's lots to do, but actually seeing from month to month what the city has to offer is great.

A view from my kitchen window.

In other news, I wanted to do an update on the Tracy Anderson workout post. I've been working out almost every day since that post (I've missed two sessions). It's been nearly a month now. So, yes, I'm sticking with it. However, I've gone rogue on Tracy Anderson's plan. It was too static for my taste, so I've been following the workout plans on BodyRock.TV. These workouts are killer intense and I love it.

My workout progress, measurements 
Since day one I've lost 2.5 inches from my stomach, gained an inch of muscle on my arms, a half inch on my thighs and lost 1.25 inches from my bust. These figures are encouraging, and I plan to take this lifestyle the distance. I can't wait to see what changes I'll make in another month, six months and a year from now.

I'm continuing to eat based on the Primal Blueprint, but once in a while (once a week) I treat myself to something really yummy like a cupcake or some other sugary, bread-like confection. This lifestyle is totally doable, and I recommend it for anyone who wants to lose weight and have more energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment