Thursday, November 11, 2010

Austin Bound

Image from Boudist.

OK, I know I said I planned to stay in my hometown for a year or so after Trey graduates, but anyone who knows me well is aware that anything I decide is subject to change. The reason I planned to stay at first was to pool our two incomes (when Trey gets that job), but as it turns out, I'm kind of sick of my job and am ready for a change. So with that in mind, and for other reasons, there's no point in staying. 

 Image found here.

I've wanted to get out of this town since I stepped foot back here in 2002, and, well ... the best plans. It's finally time to make that move, to step out of my comfort zone and into a place where there are more opportunities and more options. Austin is the place. Six more months until we are free.

  Image found here.

Knowing I'm leaving my job presents both scary and exciting possibilities. I don't believe I'll stay in journalism, but you never know. Things are subject to change, after all. At the moment I'm toying with another option -- one in which I'll help people. I don't want to spill the beans yet, just in case. But when things develop, I'll be sure to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment