Sunday, September 26, 2010

Things Change


My breakfast this morning was photo worthy. The sprinkles put it over the top. If you know me then you're probably shocked that (1) I actually ate this and (2) that it was my first meal of the day, which is, of course, the most important meal. See, it's still the same ole me. I only wanted my food this morning to mirror my overall mood this week -- bright and cheerful.

OK, now, swallow down the upchuck if that last part was too Pollyanna for you. I've been on a happy high for the past several weeks, and even I'm shocked that I haven't come off it. I'm not sure if it was purchasing Car (Who says money can't buy happiness?) or  finally making a decision about where I'll live for the next couple of years but I'm suddenly beyond content.

My Dia de los Muertos painting isn't yet complete. 

The only cloud to rain on my one-woman parade is the fact that just two days after deciding to stay in my home town my dad told me he is moving to another state. When he told me over the phone I cried like a little girl. He doesn't know, so, shh, don't tell him. I'll miss him quite a lot, but I'm a very adaptable person. I'm like human silly putty -- malleable. I easily adapt to situations, and I'll get used to his absence. I just didn't want to have to. At least I know he'll be happy, and that's comforting.

And now that I can see the bottom of my coffee cup, it's time to step into the backyard studio and finish my Day of the Dead painting.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment