Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day One: South La. Trip

 The park in front of the cinema at Perkins Rowe

Trey and I drove to Baton Rouge Friday afternoon where we stayed the night before he participated in the three-mile endurance challenge, Warrior Dash, in Norco, La. Norco is just outside of New Orleans, a 50 mile drive from Baton Rouge.

Doesn't the cinema clock remind you of "Back to the Future?"

We stayed at the Drury Inn for the second time. We highly recommend it for anyone who plans to stay in B.R. Anyhow, as we only had one night back in our former home town, we went to eat at my favorite pizza place -- Louisiana Pizza Kitchen. It was heavenly. Really, there are no words. 

Perkins Rowe

After we ate dinner we went in search of the Anthropologie store, which is located at the new Perkins Rowe outdoor shopping, dining, entertainment and living complex.

Another shot of Perkins Rowe. I'm pretty sure the upstairs portions of the buildings are apartments.


We had never been there and were blown away by how nice and expansive it was. There was nothing even remotely close to this place when we lived in Baton Rouge.

A grand chandelier in the entryway to the cinema

We stopped at Anthropologie, of course, Z Gallerie and Urban Outfitters where I got a funky hair piece/lapel pin.

I love the graphic quality of this simple sign.

An Anthropolgie window display

Anthropolgie window display. Looks like fun to make and hang.

 Trey inspects a glass bon bon in Anthropologie.

BCBG window display

 Z Gallerie display

 Z Gallerie display. Wouldn't it be strange and wonderful to have one of these tents indoors?

 Z Gallerie display. I love the idea of a cloth headboard, and these colors are very me.

Trey looks like a mountain man in this photo, but he shaved his beard tonight and now he looks like a boy.

After being slightly drizzled on as we walked from shop to shop, Trey and I stopped at the French food cafe La Madeline for a light dessert. See the roaring fire in the background? So cozy.


When I lived in Baton Rouge I worked in a clothing shop at the Mall of Louisiana. La Madeline had a location a couple shops down, and we were often given free boxes full of these fruit tarts. That night at the cafe I settled for one.


When we returned to the hotel, Trey and I took advantage of their gym, which we had all to ourselves. Yeah! We watched D.C. Cupcakes (one of my faves!) while we walked. I think that was one of the biggest perks of the whole trip, well, other than the food :)

In Part Two of this post I'll include photos from Warrior Dash. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment