Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rockport, Texas


Rockport, Texas, is a quaint little ocean-side town that my dad took Trey and I to one day during our extended visit to Texas a couple of weeks ago. 


The bait shacks along the harbor all had hand-painted signs. I love the look of simple typography and have a secret wish to paint signs like this for a living. However, I fear I'd starve if that was my livelihood, so perhaps I'll settle for making it a hobby.










 Here's a pic of Trey and my dad ducking out of a smelly bait shop. Despite the odor, it still looks delightful.



This photo of Trey was taken just as he was considering life as a shrimp boat captain. We would never go hungry with nets full of shrimp. In that case, I just might try the hand painted sign business. Kidding, folks -- only kidding. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment