Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Tale of Two Moves & Two Jobs


It's been a while, right? Well, there's a reason for that. My regularly scheduled life has been upended. It's a good thing. Trey and I moved out of our house a couple weekends ago. We rented it to a nice family from Houston with two teenage daughters. We're sure they will enjoy and take care of our home.

Now Trey and I are living temporarily with his parents until Trey graduates on May 21 -- six weeks. A couple days later he'll take the radiologic tech registry and we'll be off to Austin to find a job(s) and a place to live.


Another thing I've had to adjust to are my new jobs. Yep, that's jobs -- as in plural. I'm the page layout wizardess behind a local crime paper. I put together the 16-page paper every week now. It's great because I do my work in bed in front of the TV whenever I want.

And I'm also a personal trainer now! I work for a well-known chain of gyms in my area and in a matter of a week and a half I've gotten five clients. I expect I'll have another couple come on board by next Wednesday, which is awesome because I only get clients if I can sell them on training with me. I feel like I'm doing great! My hourly pay is unbelievable. If I'd have known about this 10 years ago ... :)


So that's about it for now. I'm biding my time as the countdown to Austin begins. Until then I'm planning a weekend trip to New Orleans and I'm learning a lot as a trainer. Basically, I'm happy that I've gotten my two work opportunities, but I'm brimming with excitement for our big move. Eeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment